Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements and News

Merge With Soapy Waffles
Change Of Direction

Welcome to Invader Zim Fan Animated Series. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

See our list of staff members!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you are not yet a member, you will have to get validated by an administrator. Once you make your account, you will only be able to view and post in the "introductions" thread, and before validating, we require that you introduce yourself to avoid spammers. Once you do so, you will be validated and be able to post anywhere you want.

We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay!

If you have forgotten your password, CLICK HERE TO RESET IT

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
[OOC] Resistance
Topic Started: Mar 12 2013, 03:10 PM (3,348 Views)
Dee
Member Avatar
Irken Elite
The Out of Character thread for the RP. The actual RP can be found >>HERE.<<

=============================

The Irken Empire's desire for universal domination continued long after the life of Zim. Once Zim had failed, the Irken Armada took it upon themselves to conquer it once they had expanded that far. Along with Earth, they took numerous other planets and claimed countless lives. But as their conquest grew, so did the resistance of their advances. Starting with the Resisty, the resistance to the Irken Armada snowballed into a rather large force, as new leadership (and a new name) made proactive efforts to recruit races into their cause, forming a diverse army under the banner of "The Resistance".

While the Resistance is an impressively large military force, it only almost half the size and strength of the Irken Armada, and has only made gains through smart military strategy and guerilla warfare. The Irken Armada is still gigantic and threatening, and maintains its organized and systematic invasions. The Resistance is pushed back with every world lost, but they also gain numbers and strength with it. But the losses offset the gains, and the Resistance is making efforts to put an end to the Irken Empire once and for all.

The Irken Empire, lead by Tallest Vadum, is now planning to stamp out the Resistance once and for all, while the Resistance, lead by the Vortian named Yar Chur, is planning to bring the tyranny of the Irken race to an end. Both sides are equally determined, but determination is only valuable when it is followed by action.

So now the choice is yours: resist or be destroyed. Will you be a cold, calculating Irken bent on universal domination? Or will you be a passionate fighter of the Resistance, battling for freedom? Who will be the victor, whom will be the vanquished? It's up to you.

=======

Rules:

1. No godmod/powerplay.
2. No excessive cussing or sexual content.
3. Keep to the canon. No demon-Irkens and other such nonsense.
4. Six-line minimum posts.
5. Two characters maximum (until the scope of the story grows).
6. No Mary-Sues.
7. If you understand these rules, put Empire at the bottom of your bio.
8. No forcing others into your story (falls under godmod, but just want to make it clear.)
9. Try to have correct grammar.
10. No crazy single-handed victories. As in, no "(Character) entered the enemy ship, killed everyone, and then blew it up, winning the battle" situations.
11. Failure to comply with the rules will result in a warning. You get 2 warnings before being banned.

=======

Skills:

1. Martial Arts: Skilled hand-to-hand combatant.
2. Marksman: Skilled aim.
3. Mechanic: Skilled with mechanics (not to be confused with technologist.)
4. Technologist: Skilled with computer interfaces.
5. Stealth: Skilled in stealth and infiltration.
6. Strategist: Skilled in strategic planning and maneuvering.
7. Persuasive: Skilled in communication.
8. Pilot: Skilled in flight.
9. Armor: Skilled in the use of reinforced attire.
10. Speedy: Skilled in running and agility.
11. Custom: Needs approval.

=======

Name: (Self-explanatory)
Side: (Irken Empire, Resistance)
Species: (Irken, Vortian, Human, anything from the show, custom (custom species must be approved by me, first))
Role: (Soldier, Engineer, etc. May have to be approved)
Bio: (Your character's backstory. 1 paragraph minimum.)
Appearance: (Describe your character's physical appearance)
Personality: (What's your character like?)
Skills: (Pick 3)
Weapons: (Must be approved by me)

=======

Leader Bios:

These are only for reference. Any character can use them momentarily, just make sure that they are in character.

Name: Tallest Vadum
Side: Irken Empire
Species: Irken
Role: Almighty Tallest
Bio: Tallest Vadum is the successor to Tallest Thel, successor to Tallest Red and Tallest Purple. While the heightocracy of the Irken Empire has produced poor leadership in the past, fate had it that Tallest Vadum would be one of the wisest and most intelligent leaders in Irken history. His leadership earned the Empire many victories and allowed it to rise above the indulgent nature that the management of past Tallests had allowed it to take on. No longer focused on gluttony and frivolous affairs, now the Empire has a solemn resolve for absolute authority and utmost discipline across both its military and its citizens.
Appearance: Standard Tallest clothing, white eyes.
Personality: Very cold and calculating, making decisions not based on emotion but on logic. However, Tallest Vadum has great wisdom, which has also helped him achieve many goals. His pride, however, has occasionally lead to loss.

Name: Yar Chur
Side: Resistance
Species: Vortian
Role: Resistance Leader
Bio: Yar Chur was raised by a Vortian family on a Resistance ship, parented by two Vortian soldiers. When she was young, she lost her mother to a battle with the Irken Armada while trying to evacuate a planet from annihilation. With this trauma affecting her from a young age, she grew a bitter hatred for the Irken Empire. After this event, her father left military service to raise Yar Chur, making sure she received the best education available and learned all about the nature of this war that she could. When she became an adult, she enlisted in the military, following in her parents' footsteps, despite her father's protests. She ended up being very successful, winning many victories, small and large, and gaining respect from all in the Resistance. When the leader of the Resistance died at the hands of the Irken Armada, the Resistance had to elect a new leader. She was elected, but did not want the job, wanting to remain on the front lines. However, she felt it was her responsibility to accept leadership, and became the new leader of the Resistance, and has been for years.
Appearance: Gray-blue skin, short horns that curl back, light blue eyes.
Personality: Very compassionate for the Resistance, but also very serious and set on ending the Irken Empire. She is a brilliant tactician, and has won countless battles with her strategies, but can often let her emotions make decisions, which either save lives or lose ground.

=======

Accepted players:

-Anonymous
-Dana
-Matts
-Warlanda
-Sammit
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Invader Warlanda
Member Avatar
Smeet
Ok Dee, if I don't get some kind of response I'm going to just go ahead and let Lax freak a bit over her gun (which Dee still has as far as I can tell, I don't recall him giving it back after shooting at Matt's char with it)

Dee
Member Avatar
Irken Elite
By all means! Gives some more character development.

Sammitsuki
Member Avatar
Smeet
oh gawd sorry! got a little confused there ^_^ will edit in a few minutes.

InvdrDana
Member Avatar
Irken Elite
If I felt up to it, I would totally draw a pic of all our characters interacting in a group pic. I did that with the first rp I ever was a part of here and that pic became one of my personal favorites and continues to be up on my wall to this day.

Dee
Member Avatar
Irken Elite
Is that the one on the left of your signature? :O

Anonymous
Sandwich Slinger
D'aww. That'd be rad. If you feel up to it, 'course! ;)
I'll probably make one eventually too. It takes me a lot of time to complete a digital drawing however, so it won't happen until a scene pops out while we're altogether.

InvdrDana
Member Avatar
Irken Elite
@Dee: Yep! I forgot I had that pic in my signature. I guess I got so used to it being there that my eyes go right over it.

@Anon: I've been meaning to get into drawing again. I still doodle, but I haven't made anything super nice in a while. It takes me forever to do the traditional equivalent, and would take me ever longer to do something digitally with background and all. And it can take me months to finish one of my big, traditional pics. XD

Dee
Member Avatar
Irken Elite
Well you're very good at it! It's better to take a long time and make a nice product than to take a short time and make a bad product. The famous cathedrals in Europe took centuries to build, but they're some of the most detailed pieces of architecture in the world.

Anonymous
Sandwich Slinger
@Dana It's nice to know I'm not the only one! Practically everyone I watch on dA pumps out full on art every two or so days. I can only manage one thing every five days to a week. I think with consistency I'll speed up, but for now I'm working on getting familiar with the digital process.

I'll post a reply tomorrow, or Dee you could even fit another post in again if you had something to add, it doesn't matter. I'll just be doing fluffy filler post anyhow until we connect with the Resistance ship and get n' some actiony stuff.

InvdrDana
Member Avatar
Irken Elite
@Dee: Thank you. :) And that is definitely true.

@Anon: Nah, you're hardly the only one. But yeah, I see some great stuff pop out from some artists almost every day in some cases. I wouldn't have enough time for that and my drawing hand isn't what it used to be (it cramps up much faster now. I dread midterms where I have to write essays by hand. When I usually spend an hour on something, I actually end up with probably 20-30 mins of actual time spend drawing/coloring since I take a lot of breaks/get distracted easily. Can't do that during a timed test though! XD).

I'd post, but I'm waiting on my fellow Resistance person. I'm also gonna' put it out there that this is the week leading up to the first two shows of the dinner theater. I also have another class starting (one of those late-start ones) so I'm pretty much going to be strapped for time this week. March has been hectic and even my spring break didn't feel like a break since I had to go to rehearsals while sick everyday. Summer break can't get here soon enough! |D;

Dee
Member Avatar
Irken Elite
@Anonymous: Sure! I was thinking about doing it, but thought you might want to post first. Will do so soon!

@Dana: Aww, that sucks! I know how that feels. Last year on Easter break, my whole family got the flu, and it suuucked. What's funny is that I just got Skyrim, and I struggled to bring myself to play it, because I was like "It's break, and I'm gonna take advantage of it, flu or not!" XD

Just post whenever is convenient for you. We understand :D
I think I'm supposed to post next. I'll post tomorrow. Been way too busy this week with tests and essays to make a post. But tomorrow's my last day before spring break, so it'll end soon!
Edited by Dee, Mar 28 2013, 01:00 AM.

Anonymous
Sandwich Slinger
Just wanted to let you know I'm still here and am going to post sometime within the next couple days! My Fine Arts deadline is on the horizon and I decided last night to scrap what I had been working on! Not good. Sooo, back square one with less than two weeks til' the festival. Good golly, what did I get myself into...

Invader Warlanda
Member Avatar
Smeet
I was waiting for anon just because I kinda wanted to keep an order, but I can post something if I need to just to keep things moving for now

Anonymous
Sandwich Slinger
Yeah, no problem, you can if you like. I'll try to post tonight, if not, tomorrow for sure.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Invader Zim RP · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Silt created by tiptopolive of IDS